Wednesday, February 3, 2010

I Want The Truth. Period

Pilot Speed - Melt Into the Walls

There's nothing like exertion of pure unfiltered emotion to inspire me to express myself honestly. Ask me if I'd prefer to be told something which is untrue but yet comforting/complimenting/nice or something which is cold, hard, difficult but true and honest and I'll take the cold hard truth anytime.

These cold hard truths make me the person I am today. Time and time again, I've been told I'm not good enough.

I've been told I'm not smart enough. Well, thank you for telling me that I'm not the smartest person in the class. Otherwise, I wouldn't know that I need to work harder than everyone else to be one of the best. And look where I am now.

I've been told I'm not good enough to train with this so called 'elite group' not only by the 2 coaches in charged but by the current national coach as well. I admit I was not the most talented but you all have to admit as well that I was definitely the most dedicated and hardworking one. Who's the one who always attended training? Who's the one who always decided to stay and train when everyone else went for competitions? Even you have to admit the great progress I made in just a year.

Well, like I said the cold hard truths made me the person I am today. And I expect nothing less in the future. If the work and effort I'm putting in is not good enough, tell me and I'll gladly double, triple what I'm currently putting in. If the person I love doesn't feel the same way anymore, let me know and I'll walk away so as to not waste both our time.

As you can see, the truths hurt sometimes but at least they give you something far more important than the feeling of comfort. It helps you see the reality of the situation. Only then will you be able to act accordingly. And maybe then, you'll be able to help make the situation better.


I saw the most amazing thing today.
I saw unfiltered, cold and hard truth which came out of pure love.
A girl told her mom she was goin to die.
Stripped away all her hope.
Forcing her to see nothing but reality.
-Dr. Gregory House

No comments: