Ice Age 3

I finally saw Ice Age 3 yesterday. You'd think they'd be done with Ice Age since they had already covered almost every aspect of the prehistoric world. But still I expected to have a fun time watching this movie and it definitely didn't disappoint. I think Ice Age 3 is much funnier than the previous Ice Age. The introduction of Buck (voiced by Simon Pegg) has definitely made this movie much more enjoyable. Maybe I'm a lil biased coz I'm a fan of Simon Pegg but still you can't deny that Buck is one unforgettable little weasel. If this movie is a party, Buck is the life of that party. But of course you can't just have pointless comedy like Meet The Spartans. Like the last 2 Ice Age, there are plenty of life's lessons contained in this movie although some may have already been discussed in the earlier Ice Age.
The Bone Collector

I've also finished reading The Bone Collector by Jeffery Deaver. Some of you may have already watched the movie (starring Denzel Washington and Angelina Jolie). But like most novel based movies, they just can't match up to the story books. In this case, the book made more sense than the movie. Anyway, I find this novel by Deaver much better and intense compared to his other novel Broken Window. This one has everything Broken Window doesn't have.
This novel is basically about a psychotic serial killer who kidnaps innocent people and 'attempts' to murder them. Now, the reason why I said he attempts is because he'll kidnap his victims and leave them to die but he'll also leave clues for the police to find those victims. If they find the victims in time, the victims survive the ordeals. If not, the victims will pray that they are dead coz otherwise they'll definitely suffer a long and painful death. This serial killer is cold blooded and mad. He's obsessed with bones and cuts off little pieces of bones from his victims before they die, hence, the title of the novel. Just like Broken Window, the police seek the help of criminalist, Lincoln Rhyme for help. However, there's more to this whole mess than just senseless killings by a lunatic as this killer has other plans in mind.
If I'm not wrong, I think this is the first novel about Lincoln Rhyme. So obviously, this will be a better novel compared to Broken Window as the characters are just developing. It's nice to see how everything started. This time, the killer is not so random like Broken Window, the twist in the end was unexpected but made a lot more sense, genius. Everthing is more intense and fast paced. However, just like Broken Window, this novel has too many details that it sometimes feel a little draggy. The ending also leaves the readers hanging. But then again it does make me wanna get the next novel to see how everything turns out.
You risked your mate, your baby and your life to save your friend.
You may be a terrible father and husband but you're
definitely a great friend.
-Buck
No comments:
Post a Comment