Sunday, July 19, 2009

Man Utd In M'sia

J Holiday-Bed

Man Utd has come to town. Like all die hard Man Utd fans, I was not goin to let this chance to see them in the flesh go by. I've already decided not to talk bout Bukit Jalil's terrible management or the lack of it and instead, concentrate on the things that made last night such a memorable experience.

A lot of ppl may say that it's such a waste of time, energy and money to go see a team that you basically see in tv every weekend. Obviously, these ppl had not cheered for their favourite team along with 70 000 ppl. Not only did we get to see man utd players like wayne rooney, ryan giggs, rio ferdinand, and paul scholes but we were honoured by the great Sir Bobby Charlton's presence as well. For those who don't know who is Bobby Charlton, there's only one simple way to explain it. If the players and coaches are the heart of Man Utd, legends like Sir Matt Busby, Eric Cantona and of course Sir Bobby Charlton are the soul of the team.

I may sound unpatriotic here. You may think all of us who went to support Man utd should be ashamed to call ourselves malaysian. But when Amri Yahya scored that stunner after conceding 2 goals, the whole stadium erupted. Everyone, man utd fan or not, was cheering for Msia. So as you can see, we may be cynical and critical about Msia football team but deep down we all wanted them to do well. And when Amri Yahya scored the equalizing goal, every msian in the stadium was on his/her feet cheering for Msia. Haha probably not all la but Honn Wing, Jian Hwa and I were.

So, although Man utd didnt play well, RM 98 was well worth it coz I've never felt more like a Man Utd fan and I've definitely never felt so proud of Msia football team before. They say all Man Utd fans must go cheer for Man Utd in Old Trafford at least once in their lives. After last night, I understand a little better why they said that. I consider my pilgrimage to Old Trafford 1/4 completed.


Glory Glory Man United!

No comments: