First up, Transformers 2: Revenge Of The Fallen

Now for those who have not seen Transformers yet please do not proceed any further (Spoiler Alert). Transformers 2 picks up 2 years after the previous instalment. Sam is heading to college and is still with the forever HOT Mikaela (Megan Fox is still a hot WOMAN until concrete evidents have been provided proving that she was a man). Ok let's not get excited here guys. Sam somehow absorbs all the knowledge from the Cube which prompts the evil Decepticons to go after him in order to get the location of some super 'geng' machine which will give them lots and lots of energy by killing Mr Sun so Sam and the Autobots need to stop them in order to save the world. Yup, I've basically summarized the entire movie's plot in one sentence.
Firstly, I think this one is slightly better than the previous Transformers. It's more fast paced, more actions and a little more violent. And the special effects are as stunning as ever. However, I find the first one more funny. But just like the first one, this transformers is also a bit the corny and lame. I can't really tell you why I feel this way but there are times in the movie when I felt like I was watching a cartoon for 7 year olds. Plus, as you may already know the plot is just simple and fun, nothing special bout it. But all in all it's still an enjoyable movie. Definitely worth watching.
I can't wait for Public Enemies. Seem like a nice movie to watch.
Second one; The Broken Window by Jeffery Deaver

I've finally finished reading this book. I must admit la my reading rate is seriously damn slow. Some people can finish a novel in 2-3 weeks but I take like 2-3 months to finish reading a book. I guess I prefer to take my sweet time and savour every line in the book. Anyway, back to the book. Basically, this book is about a genius murderer who loves to collect stuffs. He kills so that he can obain stuffs such as art pieces, rare coins and even beautiful women (I'll let your imagination figure out how he does that). But what makes him smart is the manner at which he carries out the murders. He gets information about his victims and the person he plans to frame the murder to. Thus, he gets what he wants and gets away with murder as well. Everything seems to be goin his way until he messes with the wrong guy. He framed the cousin of another genius. A criminalist. He's not a cop but he does help the cops solve complicated crimes. He's something like CSI like that la.
Now, I think this is a very smart story. What I like about this book is that the author really pays attention to little details. Almost all the characters in the story have theirs own past or story. And this really helps us understand better why they act in such a way. I especially like how the author sometimes tells the story from the killer's point of view. It's as if we're in the killer's mind listening to his every thought. What I don't like about the story is that sometimes there are just too many information especially when the criminalist explains or goes over the evidents. It feels a little draggy at some points. The identity of the killer was also a shocker. Too shocking it's almost random. Anyway, it's still a good read.
I've already started on The Bone Collector by the same author. So far so good. The killer here seems a bit more psychopathic and cold blooded compared to the one in The Broken Window.
Knowledge is power
No comments:
Post a Comment