Saturday, December 12, 2009

Out of The Woods

Ne-Yo - Part of The List

It's been so long since I last posted sumthing here. So so long that I no longer remember how to start decently. Well, I guess I should start with apologizing to my loyal readers (if there's any left) for neglecting my blog. I know I've said this a hundred times but the reason I've been neglecting my blog is coz I've been busy recently. You see I've just started my internship with KPMG.

Speaking of apologizing, I'm not the only with much to apologize for. If you've been following the sporting world news lately, you would realize that another person has much to apologize for. For those who've been living in a cave, let me spell it out for you. This person is Tiger Wood. Tiger has been linked with a string of affairs and infidelities lately. Who would have guess that Tiger Wood would be involved in arguably the biggest scandal of the year.

But before you think I'm goin to start criticizing him in this post like millions of people around the world have been doing lately, I just wanna say I'm not goin to criticize his actions nor will I justify them. There are only 2 issues I wanna discuss here.

The first is the way people so easily believe everything that they read. Tiger has been linked with 10 women so far, some of them porn stars. And almost everyday we see more and more women coming out to reveal their past affairs with Tiger. My only question to these women is: Why now?

Why after so many years? Why after Tiger had fathered 2 children with his wife Elin? Why now and not when they saw his face at the back of the sports section everyday? Does this little scene here remind you of another scandal? Remember when the late King of Pop was alleged of molesting and sodomizing little children years ago? Remember how many other children came out and alleged that MJ sodomized them? Now that he's gone I guess we'll never really know for sure.

I'm not saying Tiger never had an affair or cheated on his wife. As a matter of fact, Tiger had admitted that he had cheated on his wife. All I'm asking from you is to not believe everything you read even in the newspaper. The women who supposedly had an affair with Tiger and the tabloids have their own agenda-business. They're all after the same thing which is money. If they truly want to do the right thing and to set their moral compass straight, they would have just talked to Tiger's wife personally instead of embarrassing her in front of the whole world.

The second issue I have is the way how the world reacted to Tiger's cheating. Now, I'm not saying it's ok for him to cheat just because he's the best golfer in the world. But we have to remember that that is exactly who he is, just a golfer. But everyone's loathing his actions as if he were some sort of spiritual leader who has committed adultery. Of course it's not right for any man to cheat but let us not forget that this is after all someone's private matter.

But all this while, I've been hearing and reading about how ppl demanded him to come out and tell the truth and to apologize. Frankly, this is all BS. Since when does someone's marriage become a public affair? Certainly not when he/she becomes a celebrity. Is it because he's a celebrity thus he has a bigger responsibility of becoming a role model to society? Probably but don't forget before this whole mess came out in the open Tiger was a role model: a great golfer, good husband, perfect dad. So maybe we shouldn't spoil it.

What about the truth then? Well, I like to think the only person who deserve it is Tiger's wife. Like I said, their marriage is their own business. Perhaps we too need to know the truth bout the person we admire. Infidelity is an ugly situation no matter how you look at it. But between us and Tiger's wife, I believe she deserve it more than we do. And she definitely deserve to be treated better than to have her failed marriage publicized and taken advantage of by greedy bloodsucking leaches.

So you see Tiger do have a lot to apologize for but not to us but to his wife, Elin.


They're all part of the list, things that I miss.
-Ne-Yo


No comments: