Saturday, January 10, 2009

Life's Resolutions


Meet Uncle Hussein-Lagu Untukmu

Finally, my first post for the year 2009. 

2008 came and went with a blink of an eye. And with it memories-both good and bad-are stored deep inside our minds. As I contemplate the could have's and what might have been's, I unknowingly become hopeful that this year will be a better year than the last. No, unknowingly i become hopeful that this year and the rest of the years I have left in my life will get better and better. 

I don't just want this year to get better. I want the rest of my life to be a great one. So while everyone else is making his or her new year's resolution, I want to make my life's resolution. The list of things I want to do before I finally 'kick the bucket'.

1) Sky Diving


I think there's something very liberating about jumping out of a plane thousands of feet above ground, literally staring death in the eye and yet have that faith and belief that you'll land safely on the ground. I really hope that I'll be able to do this one day.


2) Cheer for Man Utd at Old Trafford

They say this is a pilgrimage all Man Utd faithfuls must make at least once in their life. Being a diehard United fan for the past 7 years, I'd love to be able to cheer for one of the greatest football teams at one of the greatest stadiums in the world. Hopefully, they are still a good team when I do make this trip = )


3) Meet the love of my life and spend the rest of my days by her side

What else can I say? There'll always be an empty space inside you until you meet the one and only one person who can complete you. 


4) Wake up one morning and just say to myself; I don't want anymore in this life.
As human, it's our natural instinct to always want more. That's how we improve ourselves and ultimately ensure the progress of our species. But if I could resist and fight off such a basic and natural instinct, then I know I am satisfied with my life and I can finally rest in peace. 

So that's my life's resolution. I hope I'll be able to achieve them all. But at least I know even if I don't achieve them come Dec 31, 2009, I haven't failed yet as I have the rest of my life to make them come true. And I hope you all will achieve everything you've set your minds to.

No comments: