Friday, December 26, 2008

Yes Man


Third Eye Blind-I Will Understand



After watching this show, I realized that I am a No Man. But I am trying to be more of a Yes Man haha (this decision of mine is by no mean inspired by this movie). Anyway, let's not talk about my effort to enjoy more of life and talk about this movie = )

As usual, let's start of with a brief description of what this movie is about. Carl Allen (played by Jim Carrey) is your typical anti-social loser (harsh word, I know but I'd use a nicer word to describe him if I could). Carl basically has said no to life. He rather watch tv at home than to go out with his friends, doesn't bother about advancing in his career, and gives whatever nonsense excuse to reject any offer that comes his way such as parties, free breakfast, etc etc. Why is he such a loser you asked?? Well, Carl feels that he is worthless and therefore does not want to socialize with people so that they won't know he is worthless (WOW what a great plan). You see, Carl's wife left him 3 years ago and is now dating a guy fatter and uglier than he is (no wonder he feels worthless). 
However, Carl's life turns 180 when he attended a seminar which teaches him to embrace life by saying yes to absolutely everything. So from that day onwards, he says yes to everything including giving all his money a homeless person, learning Korean, flying, marrying a persian girl he met online, enlarging his penis and many more. And in the course of saying yes to everything, Carl meets Allison who is completely opposite to the 'NO' Carl but is now the right match for the 'YES' Carl. But before you think they'll live happily ever after, Carl soon gets into a lot of trouble by saying yes to everything.
 
Now, I'm goin to say yes to the fact that this movie is really funny. There was a part where I laughed so hard I almost spilled my coke. I think the show would have been funnier if my sis and the trailer didn't spoiler some funny parts for me. Plus, I also liked that Yes Man focused on a not so typical life topic which I believe all of us can relate to. Not to mention, Allison is so cute and adorable. Unlike all the hot sexy female characters you see in most movies, Allison is weird and quirky but in the most adorable way.
But I'm goin to have to also say no to some parts of the movie. Jim Carrey overdid some of the jokes and comedy and I found it to be quite annoying. The movie was also choppy. Some parts were cut (no thanks to our Censorship Board) but can't really blame the movie la. And lastly, the ending was a letdown. It was like they wanna make a good ending but suddenly realize that they're running out of time so they'll just end it and let the credits roll. 
All in all, it was still an enjoyable movie la. Much better than some of the movies I saw in the last few months.


This is definitely the funniest scene in the movie HAHAHA


What the hell are you doin back there man??
-Man who's about to jump off a builiding *refer to pic above*

No comments: