They say hope is for cowards. Some people cling on to hope because they're afraid to make a move. They're afraid to change.....afraid to move out of their comfort zone. Instead of taking control of their own lives, they become hopeful....hope that one day all of their problems will disappear by themselves.
I must admit I was one of these cowards. I ignored all common sense. Everything around me told me that I should get up and walk away from that misery. Instead, i did nothing. I wallowed in self-pity. Blamed everything and everyone when things didn't work out. I let a fool's hope guide all my judgements. Why?? because i became too comfortable doing nothing about my own problems.
I would have agreed if they'd told me hope is for cowards not long after I finally took control and dealt with my problems.
But now I realize whoever said that line was being too general. They should have said blind hope is for cowards. That's because after someone has overcame his/her fear and moved on, that person needs to feel motivated. He/she needs to feel hopeful. If that person is just going to feel like he/she has reached a dead end, then what's the point of overcoming your problems.
I did not immediately became a happier person after i overcame my problems. It was not like i had been born a new man. Far from it. I became more depressed. But then, i realized that life is full of possibilities. Everywhere I looked I saw a brighter future for me. I started to become hopeful that I will become happier, stronger, and better in the future. It was only then that I had really moved on.
So I believe blind hope is for cowards while the brave ones need hope to pursue a better tomorrow.
I survived because I nurtured the hope that there was still hope
-I wish i could remember who said this, it really motivated me
No comments:
Post a Comment