Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A Thousand Splendid Suns



Secondhand Serenade-Fall For You


Hey, it's been a long time my dear blog.

So let me give a quick recap of what's been happening lately.

STRESS

I think that's the best way to describe my life lately. Test, assignment, Man Utd playing like shit etc etc. You get the picture. 

But that's not what I really want to talk bout today. What I really want to talk bout is this book here....



I've finally finished reading this book. It's basically a story about how 2 women who were able to draw strength and courage within themselves to live and survive in war torn Afghanistan. It's easily one of the most inspiring and heart warming books that I've ever read. The suffering and hardship experienced by the people in Afghanistan may not be all true in this book but it still gives you a pretty good idea of what these people have been going through for the past few decades. I could almost feel their pain in some parts of the story. 

I seriously recommend this book to anyone who enjoy reading. My next book: The Kite Runner ,which is by the same author as A Thousand Splendid Suns if you must know.

I want it, yes... But only-only-if you want to go too.

Me? I'll follow you to the end of the world, Laila

No comments: