Saturday, July 24, 2010

Thank you



Dear Mr. Nolan,

I must say when I first saw the trailer for Inception, I was a little skeptical. I wasn't sure if it will live up to your past movies like Memento, The Prestige, or Dark Knight. I mean the catch phrase "Your mind is the crime scene" sounds a lil bit corny to me. But still I had high expectations for this movie.

I wish to thank you for rewarding my faith and ultimately for writing and directing Inception.
I wish to also thank you for giving me something to blog about. During a time when I have absolutely nothing i wanna talk about, you give me one of the most complex, intelligent, thrilling movies to talk about.

In a time when innovativeness, originality, and creative juices seem to be flowing out of Hollywood and movies now resort to; remakes, cliched romantic flicks, pathetic sequels, 3D effects which sole purpose is to conceal the lack of depth of a movie, and ideas or stories copied from novels or, worst, games, you restore my faith in movies by producing one of the most innovative and original movies i've ever seen.

With just the idea that you have for this movie, you could easily make a good movie which is why I applaud you for not settling for just a good movie. You made it great and memorable by giving it even more depth. Even after watching the movie you still have me thinking bout it. You still have me recalling as much of the details in the movie as I can to solve all the questions that you have presented to us, although deep down I know very well I may never fully comprehend this film. Like all the mazes in the movie created to obscure dreams from reality. Like the Penrose staircase in the movie. Paradox. Until now, thinking about that last scene still gives me goosebumps.

I can't ask for a better movie from you. Thank you for exceeding all my wildest expectations.
So you may wonder why on earth would I blog instead of writing you a letter? Well, the chances of you ever reading my letter are slim and having my letter stash along with all your other fan mails does not do your film justice. So I've decided that I'll blog about it instead in hopes that you'll find this letter of appreciation. And if you don't, at least it'll entice my readers to watch Inception.

Sincerely,
Khin




No comments: